Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

From Healsville ...

Well, as you are probably aware, we have had the most horrific weekend here in Victoria (Austrlia). Our fair state has been ravaged by bushfires. Lives have been lost and towns have been destroyed. Fortunately or unfortunately, my husband and myself (& a group of good friends) went away for the weekend to (of all places) Healsville. We were going for a concert by Simply Red (and other artists) at one of the wineries just near Healsville.

We were very fortunate that the fires did not come through Healsville while we were there, BUT they came very close, as you can see by these pictures:









All of these pictures were taken from just outside our room.
These fires are still raging through country Victoria and my heart goes out to all those people afftected.
I hope you all don't mind me sharing this with you.
Ange :)

2 comments:

Sue said...

Wow, they were close!! glad you are back in 1 piece. love the new background too!! XX

Lydia Fiedler said...

Oh my word!!!

Big hugs and prayers from America!!!