Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Crochet {one}



For the past 12 months I have been going through a 'crochet faze'.   This was my first rug, and I have used lots of 'granny squares'. 294 to be exact.  By the time I had sewed them all together it was quite large.





For the edging I did 1 row of double (dc), and then another row of treble(tr) with shell pattern at the seam of every square.





I have decided to start recording my crochet here on my blog.  I hope that is ok with all my papercrafting friends.  I just want to keep a detailed record of my wool craft too. 

The yarn that I have used for this rug is from Bendigo Wool Mills.  The yarn is 'classic' and comes in a 200g ball (which is great for rugs), and the colours are:

Java
Seaquest
Celery
Lipstick Rose


3 comments:

Jay Gee said...

This is gorgeous Ange! Would love to see more :) I took up crocheting this time last year as well and was making a rug, but hurt my shoulder and have not touched it for months.

Sam said...

Ooooohhhhhhh, this is soooooo beautiful Ange! Love the pattern, love the colours, love the yarn. I am looking forward to seeing more of your crochet creations. Bring them on!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! Keep em coming, I would love to see what you create!